Friday, December 9, 2011

The Peoples Congress

As I said in my previous post, I have been tasked with finding facilitators from as many Occupy Movements as I can to help plan Occupy Congress this January 17th. If anyone would like to volunteer to come and do teach ins, entertainment, plan actions, catering or well anything to help it would be greatly appreciated. You can e-mail me and we can go from there.

I would also like to ask all occupations nation wide to be a part of "The Peoples Congress". Much like what the United States Congress is supposed to do for us but is too corrupt and is failing at, this The Peoples Congress would do. Every important decision that we would make from what to spend donations on to what demands we will make would be relayed via your occupations facilitator to your occupation where it would be brought up in your GA. You would vote on the proposition and then your facilitator would relay your occupations decision via a vote in The Peoples Congress.

While all the details haven't been completely ironed out yet, I think you can get the idea. It will be completely democratic and fair. No special intrusts or corporate influences. It's as fair and clear as it can be. I am sure we will have more details on this coming soon but I am trying to pass the info on as best I can as quickly as possible. If you have any questions or would like to have your occupation represented in The Peoples Congress please e-mail me here.

More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Occupy Freedom LA